10 November 2008

Salaamaaleekum

Hello all! Greetings from Kombo, The Gambia. We have been in country for 5 days now and have started our intensive language and cultural training. We've visited a reptile park, the beach- BEAUTIFUL ps, and done only a little wandering-I'll be looking forward to more of that and chatting with people!
On friday, we all move to training villages- mine is called Kaifa and I will be learning Mandinka. The language is going okay, challenging, but I have great teachers!
Write me if you can, at my address. I'll get back to you- slowly :) Thank you to The Millars- my first letter was from you! Very exciting!
Fo naata- see you later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maggie, you continue to inspire me. The Gambians are so fortunate to have you. I love you and miss you more than ever! Salaamaaleekum! Love, Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mags! Congratulations on reaching your destination! Quite an accomplishment already. Our loss here in Sellersville is their gain in Gambia. Keep the vision and always remember we are only a distance in miles but not in hearts and love!

The Denards